Hungry For Digital Media? No Doubt You’re Dining On Mobile Apps – Digital Marketing Domain – Full Vertical – Seo, Sem & Smm Services Customized..!

No Doubt Youre Dining on Mobile Apps Hungry for Digital Media? No Doubt Youre Dining on Mobile Apps Digital media consumption now constitutes a genuine multi-course meal, not just a snack. Thats the takeaway from a newly released comScore study, which also shows that Facebook is getting its just desserts. The comScore research shows that the majority of digital media consumption now takes place in mobile apps. That means mobile apps, including the number 1 most popular app Facebook, eat up more of our time than desktop usage or mobile web surfing, accounting for 52 percent of the time spent using digital media, according to a story on the study posted at TechCrunch . Combined with mobile web, mobile usage as a whole accounts for 60 percent of time spent, while desktop-based digital media consumption makes up the remaining 40 percent. Furthermore, apps currently drive the majority of media consumption activity, says the study. It now accounts for 7 out of every 8 minutes of media consumption on mobile devices. On smartphones, that app activity is even higher, at 88 percent usage versus 82 percent on tablets. But no matter how often consumers are actively downloading apps, they certainly are addicted to them, notes TechCrunch. More than half (57 percent) use apps every single day, while 26 percent of tablet owners do. And 79 percent of smartphone owners use apps nearly every day, saying they use them at least 26 days per month, versus 52 percent for tablet users. The top brands, which account for 9 out of the top 10 most used apps, include Facebook, Google, Apple, Yahoo, Amazon and eBay. Facebook is the most used app in both audience size and share of time spent among each demographic segment. There are plenty more interesting tidbits in the full report, available from comScore here .
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://www.learn-digital-marketing.com/hungry-for-digital-media-no-doubt-youre-dining-on-mobile-apps/

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s